Give Yourself A Gift this Christmas: Stress-Free Giving
The Toronto Star recently reported on a survey that revealed nearly half of us dislike our Christmas gifts. This is very discouraging news for most who spend hours searching for what we believe to be the perfect present – often spending a tidy sum on something our intended recipient may not at all be pleased with.
Some folks on our lists are simply difficult to buy for; after all, we’re fortunate enough to live in a society where our needs are in large accommodated, and wants are often beyond the financial scope of an average Christmas present. To that latter point, the holiday season is also a source of stress for many in terms of their overall expenditure, with the ramifications of overspending lasting well into the new year.
Shopping for teens can be even more frustrating. Do you know what’s “cool” right now? I don’t. What about all those people in your life with whom you are only casually acquainted? Your hairdresser, babysitter, paper boy, child’s hockey coach – do you have any real idea what they’d like for Christmas that would be also be appropriate given your relationship? It’s tough.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to all of these problems that’s quick, easy, and even supports your favourite cause: of course, you know we’re talking about FundScrip gift cards!
- Allow your recipient to select something they’d actually really enjoy
- Permit you to create a holiday budget, and stick within it
- Give you the opportunity to automatically raise funds for whatever cause you are supporting
- Allow you to do all your Christmas shopping from the comfort of your own home
- Are easy to wrap and ship
- Unlike cash, ensure your gift is used for an actual present, instead of just being added to general funds and spent on whatever their next expenditure happens to be.
Now is a great time to check out all the available holiday offers from retailers that you mightn’t regularly purchase gift cards from – after all, gas and groceries aren’t particularly exciting presents. There are tons of interesting shops to choose from; and you’re certain to find something that suits everyone on your list.
So why not let others fight the crowds while you enjoy a happy, festive, and stress-free holiday season.